Thursday, October 30, 2008

October 29, 2008

Today is Wednesday.

I went jogging this morning first thing. I took the my boys to school we got there a little later than usual. I stopped by the prayer room for just a minute or two.

First period I copied some papers for Mrs. Denham and then put my Spanish tests together and ran copied for them as well.

I administered tests to both of my Spanish classes today with the help of Mr. Fredie, my student teacher. To cut down on cheating I put the desks farther apart and put rules on the board that the eyes and hands of students had to be visible to me, the teacher, at all times.

We also had chapel today after second period. Michael lead worship and Patti Hanten spoke. She had a great message.

Guitar class learned three new musical terms: accelrando, marcato and accompagnamenti.

I came home after flag pole duty and took a nap.

I went back for the Wednesday night service with the expectation of having to help lead worship but our children's pastor was in charge of the service. He had a cool "Bible" that when you opened it, fire came out. He also had some pieces of "paper" with sins written on them that he burned-up and they vanished in the air. I think a couple of the older folks decided not to stay for the service when they found out it was children oriented. That made my heart sad.

Ashlyn and I came home after the service. I went to bed around 9:30 to 10 PM. I was generally tired most of the day after getting probably just six hours of sleep last night.

One of the best things that happened today was that I learned part of a classical piece on guitar today. It made me want to make a daily goal of reading 10 measures of music every day either on the guitar, keys or drums.

No comments: