Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October 14, 2008

Today was Tuesday.

The best thing that happened today was that I met my mom and she officially sold me her 1997 Dodge Intrepid. We did the paper work at about 1:30 PM at the notary by my house and right next door to my chiropractor.

I came home and did an art print for one of Ashlyn's classes as a special project. I also cooked some fish and fries in the oven before the family came home in the other car.

This evening I went to McDonald's to read. My mind was very clear and sharp for the first time in a while. I notice when I take ibuprofen before I go to bed at night for my muscles that the next day my mind is not always as sharp as I think it should be. I think I have an awesome brain when it is well rested, well fed and well exercised which is not enough these days. I did get to jog this afternoon as well before Donna and the kids came home.

When I was at McDonald's reading I tried using my TextAloud text-to-speech program to speed read at close to 1200 words per minute but the most comfortable fast pace was at 500 words per minute.

I am keeping up with my teaching responsibilities at school quite well but I feel like there is so much more that I need to do for the church sound system and visual stage presentation including replacing all the lights that don't work in the lighting system which is about 80 percent of them.

No comments: