Peter, Brandi & Michael helped lead worship in the service this morning.
Of all people, Marvin Gorman spoke in the service. I took notes. Here is some of what he said:
- What we hear has a profound impact on the way you think and the way you act.
- Judging is not your area, not your department.
- God said, "What I did was a pattern or a recipe."
- When we get things right, the God of glory comes down.
- Anger is one of our biggest problems in America.
- Anger is like trying to control a pet rattlesnake.
- Anger and pride are twin sisters.
- Don't ever want what you deserve. Jesus took what you deserve.
I took a rather long nap this afternoon after we ate lunch. The kids at a 1 foot subway sandwich--Donna and I ate at China Buffet.
In the evening Andrew and Matthew went to the Devitt's house with the youth group.