Saturday, September 13, 2008

September 12, 2008

Steve and Doris got their power back after Hurricane Gustav in Baton Rouge. They are my bro and sis in law.

In the morning I read some enchanting poetry by John G. Neihardt. One line that hit home with me from the poem "Let Me Live Out My Years " was the last two lines:

Let me be as a tune-swept fiddlestring
That feels the Master Melody—and snaps!

I played bass guitar at Set Free Indeed with Ty, Andre, Scott, and Tonja. After the music portion I was standing in the back of the auditorium and I accidentally caught the high string of the bass and pulled it off of its tuning key. I had to restring it.

I picked up Andrew, Ben and D'Andre. We drove D'Andre home after twisting and turning through a neighborhood between Perkins and Highland to get to his house. I joked about whether Nick Antzacks grandmother could drive like this, making some hand and finger motions.

Ben came over to the house. All of us boys including Matthew stayed up talking from 10:30 PM until 3:00 AM in the morning. We spoke of everything from churches to money, the stock market and my former eBay business and the products which I designed. Ben seemed very interested. Earlier in the night Ben was recounting a story of when I dropped a book in class in front of Joseph and as he retold it his hand bumped the light fixture and down came the glass cover crashing loudly to the ground. It was hilarious and something that I am sure will always be remembered.

No comments: