Monday, September 15, 2008

September 15, 2008

Today was Monday, our first day back at school after Hurricane Gustav.

I went jogging this morning without my contacts in. I saw a dog outside but I could not tell if it was Midnight or not. The clock on my MP3 player was 10 minutes faster than the clocks inside the house so I wasn't quite sure what to believe.

I was tired today after getting only about 4-5 hours of sleep last night. My Spanish II class of 25 high schoolers was talkative today. I was patient with them even though their mouths needed some bridles on them. I took off 5 points of participation on four students.

I learned how to play the song "Call Me Old Fashioned" on the keyboard at home tonight.

At 5:10 PM I visited Dr. Wolverton, my chiropractor. He did a great job as always on my back.

LA state is intercepting some of my payments to the U.S. Treasury. I owe LA only about $1000 now and Federal only about $400. I was trying to pay of the Federal taxes first but LA is getting in the way. I just hope they are keeping books right for me. They only send out a yearly statement so I never know what they are doing unless I pick up the phone and stay on hold for a while.

Matthew ate two pieces of pizza for lunch and almost threw them up the next period in P.E. He said to me, "They worked me harder today than you."

We had family devotions and read I Corinthians from The Message Bible. The best part I thought was this: "Just think--you don't need a thing, you've got it all! All God's gifts are right in front of you as you wait expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the Finale."
I like this because if you realize you don't need another thing to make you content, you can be content with what you have. Mr. Purdue mentioned in the finance class that I missed, of which he briefed me on later that all the advertising we are flooded with on TV, Internet and billboards teaches us to be discontent so we will buy what they are selling.

I had an idea to start a word processor file on my computer today called blessings, in which I would keep a running list of all of my blessings and keep adding to it.

Another verse I read this evening was from II Corinthians 13. "We don't just put up with our limitations; we celebrate them."

No comments: