Friday, August 20, 2010

August 20, 2010

Today was Friday. The coolest or oddest things that happened today. C. in first period guitar class raised his hand at the beginning of class and said, "Mr. Woolsey, I had a dream about you last night. You were in front of a large crowd of people playing music." I said, "Thank you for that C., that is very nice of you to share that. Are you sure it wasn't D. (another student in the class?" He answered, "No, it was you." I then asked him what instrument I was playing. He said it was the piano or keyboard." I took this dream to mean not that I would play in front of many people, of which has already been accomplished in my life, but that I should hope to be worthy to do such a thing in the future. The other thing that was a bit odd happened last period. I was helping students with questions about their practice test and translations on it. On of the girl students in the back of the room that I have known for probably at least 4 years said, "Mr. Woolsey, you have pretty eyelashes." I responded that I did but I could not get them to stop from poking in all different directions. I have had the compliment of having long eyelashes paid to me when I was younger, so this compliment was not a shock to me.

We had chapel today and I was able to play the bass guitar along with our team members from last year in Applied Music class which. Cooper, Aaron, Andrew (my son who is a senior now), Breyonnah and Drexel helped us. Shawn lead worship along with the help of Michael C. and Jill S.

Ashlyn said the best part of her day today was chaple. Dr. M. spoke and used a wooden cross to nail sins on one side and blessings on the other side.

I was quite weary today as I only slept 4.5 hours last night. I took a 2-3 hour nap this evening when I got home. Andrew is wanting to put an electronic drumselt on layaway or payments tomorrow. We had an arguement yesterday about spending money you don't have. Donna, my wife, reproved me before going to sleep for having such a harsh, you are stupid, tone in my voice with Andrew and with Matthew sometimes. I don't think they are stupid, but there are times when I have told Andrew to do something over and over and over and it still doesn't get done, that I get quite ugly and angry about going around the same mountain over and over. Well, anyway, its not the first time that Donna has told me that its not what I say, but the tone of what I say that is wrong.

No comments: