Wednesday, August 18, 2010

August 18, 2010

The best thing that happened today was that my assistant principal took me by the hand and thanked me for being one of the most faithful ones last year to turn in lesson plans. It is strange to receive words of praise but it was also refreshing. It is sometimes difficult to receive kind words because they are so rarely given and our society questions the sincerity of the one who gives them.

The worst thing that happened to me today was that there was no time to pause and reflect. I got to work around 7:40 AM, visited a few minutes of morning prayer, taught guitar class for 90 minutes, advisory for 20, went through two drawers in my church office organizing, went to lunch, taught Spanish II for 90 minutes, taught another Spanish II class for 90 more, went to faculty meeting for 1 hour and 45 min or so. Ran home with Matthew. Took a 20 minute nap. Came back for church at 6:30, took notes of the teaching on my laptop, left church at 8:00 PM. I don't care for this type of day because as soon as it is over it is time to think about the next one. I prefer a little creative or down time in there.

No comments: