Sunday, February 8, 2009

February 8, 2009

Today was Sunday.

Larry Purdue today in Sunday school said something about people in the Bible that knew God's acts but not his ways. This triggered the thought in me that people sometimes want God to be their need meeter but they don't want to take time to get to know Him. The thought that hit me hard is this: God is a PERSON. Wow! If you want to love someone then you get to know them as a person. You find out who they are and you ask them questions. Sweet!

I challenged my worship team this morning in our devotional to use their faith for something special this week. It could be something that has annoyed you for a while or it could be some situation you are confronting. I have been convicted by Jesus words where he said to his disciples that could not cast a demon out, "You of little faith and perverse generation. If you had faith the size of the grain of a mustard seed you would say to this mountain move and it would cast itself into the sea." Obviously I don't use my faith for much of anything drastic. I need to get this show on the road and stop being wimpy.

No comments: